Thursday, April 14, 2011

The STRONG Ones

Many people are amazed on how these “strong” people can do it. For me, one thing that I really learned is that everything just really depends on how we see things, really. Admittedly, I’ve wanted to peek what the future lies so I would be able to appreciate every detail of pain and get at least a little concrete assurance of the trail I’m travelling but then again, where would “faith” comes in?

Through many years of my Christian journey, I have come to understand that FAITH is the main flavour for me to savor every little chunk that comes to my plate. No matter what the taste would be – be it sweet, bitter, sour, tasteless– my FAITH would let me finish my meal.

Running around the unfamiliar roads is not simple, unquestionably not, but every time I see myself again hustling through the wilderness, I would always hold HIS grip. I know seeing it though my perspective won’t help at all; I need HIM to take the lead. It’s actually reading through the blank pages or getting the message through jumbled words – that’s how faith works.

So does it mean being “strong” equates to being “numb” to pain? Absolutely not, definitely not. But I must say, it’s how the strong ones translate the pain into trust, into hope, into love, into every little thing that would radiate HIS glory. The strength of a person is also not about how fast one can recover from the sting of life because I believe, many of these “strong ones” could still be under recovery yet they opt to still run and believe HIS perfect and irrefutable plan.

“In EVERYTHING, give thanks…” 1 Thessalonians 5:18

5 comments:

  1. thanks for this... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Odie for this ;D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well said... Super like!!!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Odessa, super thanks :) Very inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. can so much relate with the note.ugh.

    ReplyDelete

Shy Kangaroo!

Shy Kangaroo!
Gold Coast Australia Trip (Oct 19-22, 2008)

As far as the eyes can see

As far as the eyes can see
Q1 Observation Deck, Australia

Bintan

Bintan
In my little cage :p

Soon I will have my own yacht, haha!

Soon I will have my own yacht, haha!
Gold Coast

Awesome!

Awesome!
Scuba diving - Gold Coast