Thursday, November 29, 2012

Yielded Heart

When I was still studying, I used to tell to myself, "There's no such thing as a surprise quiz to those who are always ready". Now I have come to realize that in our Christian journey, there's no such thing as a "surprise test" to those who have that right kind of heart.


I have been contemplating these past few days on how is it to really live a life in a place of total yieldedness... and this lead me back to the basic - the state of heart. Many times we tend to make all our trials as our excuse on why we responded "that" way but isn't that our actions are just a mirror of what’s inside of us? Matthew 12:25 says, "a good man brings good things out of the good stored up in him". No matter how utterly surprising things would come, a yielded heart would always exude the true qualities of it.

These are the priceless teachings I got from one of my great heroes, Job. It never fails to inspire me on how he responded to the overwhelming "surprise tests" he had. Just right after everything was taken away from him in one instant, he humbled himself and said, “Naked I came from my mother's womb, and naked shall I return. The Lord gave, and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord.” (Job 1:20)
His response was more than notable, it was exceedingly commendable! Did it come as a surprise? Absolutely yes! But his outright response reflected the state of his heart. Talking about yielded heart? Job displayed it perfectly.
To conclude, only thru our yielding to GOD that we will experience the fullness of life. Job yielded and in his yielding, he had that life everyone would want - "full life" (Job 42:17).

1 comment:

Shy Kangaroo!

Shy Kangaroo!
Gold Coast Australia Trip (Oct 19-22, 2008)

As far as the eyes can see

As far as the eyes can see
Q1 Observation Deck, Australia

Bintan

Bintan
In my little cage :p

Soon I will have my own yacht, haha!

Soon I will have my own yacht, haha!
Gold Coast

Awesome!

Awesome!
Scuba diving - Gold Coast