Friday, August 1, 2008

Secrets of HIS Riches

As most of the working people in Singapore rush to the office to dig their treasures, I reckon on the secrets of digging HIS riches.

We are so much aware that there will be a lot of tests in our CHRISTian journey. They say, one of the toughest tests of our maturity is “relationship/matters of the heart”. I also know a test that I believe should be applied with the same weight as the latter one and that is, faithfully giving our tithes and offering.

I have read and heard a lot of preachings on giving and most of them say that giving our tithes/offering is a command, which is indeed true.

“Bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, so that there may be food in My house, and test Me now in this,” says the LORD of hosts, "if I will not open for you the windows of heaven and pour out for you a blessing until it overflows.” Malachi 3:10

But I will not put my stress on the “command” thing because after all, it always ends at the state of our heart.

Few of the billion dollars worth of questions that we have are, “What if we have a lot of bills on our plate that are choking us? Is it valid not to give our tithes/offering? Will HIS grace be sufficient enough to understand?” Arguments noted. I will surely not argue on GOD’s grace as we all know that HE is a father who understands well. However, I will not also dare to question GOD’s goodness. Here is the point that I’m driving at: Our Father knew it very well that Isaac was the only son of Abraham when HE asked Abraham to offer Isaac. So Abraham did as he was told to do. He didn’t argue. For what purpose? -- to test Abraham’s love/trust to his GOD.

"Do not lay your hand on the lad, or do anything to him; for now I know that you fear God, since you have not withheld your son, your only son, from Me” Genesis 22:12

And we know the story, GOD provided a ram needed for the offering and the place was called, “Jehovah Jireh” or “The-Lord-Will-Provide”.

I believe the basic premise of why we give is because “God is good”. No matter how much trillions worth we give, be it in cash, kind or labor, we can never outgive HIM because simply, HE is good. Every time we flip the pages of our Bible, we always see HIS goodness. Blessing HIS children is HIS cup of tea!

“Not one of the good promises which the LORD had made to the house of Israel failed; all came to pass.” Joshua 21:45

Planting a single seed (depends on the kind) will most likely produce hundreds/thousands seeds of its kind– I’m not an agriculturist so you can debate with me on that but that’s the principle lies behind in giving. You give one tenth from what you have; HE will give it back hundred folds. I leave the calculation to you.

These things that I’ve written are not something I just picked somewhere in the air but something that I’ve hardly learned. Well, this is maybe one of the things that many of us will learn the hard way. From the point where I started up to now, one thing I have proven is that even if we sum up all our so called BIG concerns, it would still be just a piece of cake to our BIG DAD!

We have always been declaring GOD’s goodness in our lives but are we really living with that very principle? A thought to ponder.

6 comments:

  1. Naku! ok na ok itong writing mo....parang pang daily devotions! I'm really amazed to see you grow in faith and maturity....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writing is like a breath of fresh air! I am very happy to know that you are going strong in your faith....it's humbling and encouraging to know that God had used us to touch your life, and now, He is using you to bless us and others with all these insights...I guess your passing your blessings forward....Keep going forward...

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! Thanks for sharing =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice one dess! your insights are encouraging!
    keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Wow....as in wow!!! thank you so much for sharing your insights. if i may ask? may i share it to our finance team? you are very good in expressing what you "hardly" learned. you are a pro in that aspect, really appreciate you for that! and i do believe "reminding/pastoring" us especially in the area of finances is one of your call...because you yourself has really been thru a lot of adventures with the Lord...!

    ReplyDelete
  6. amen odie, amen...hehehe...

    ReplyDelete

Shy Kangaroo!

Shy Kangaroo!
Gold Coast Australia Trip (Oct 19-22, 2008)

As far as the eyes can see

As far as the eyes can see
Q1 Observation Deck, Australia

Bintan

Bintan
In my little cage :p

Soon I will have my own yacht, haha!

Soon I will have my own yacht, haha!
Gold Coast

Awesome!

Awesome!
Scuba diving - Gold Coast